Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Strip Twist Many Ways

Our group sewing project was the Strip Twist pattern by GE Designs.








pattern jacket found at the Fat Quarter Shop.




These are Linda's blocks.










These are Norma's blocks. Her finished flimsy can be found here.









These are mine. That you have seen before.











Cher had made a few blocks but I didn't snap a picture of her blocks. She was very busy being our wonderful hostess. :)


These are Pam's.








Pam also had a little help from Linda (cutting) and Norma (sewing) to put together 4 Patch Posey blocks.








I also started a knitting project. I was hoping to make a diagonally dishcloth, it's a slow go for me though!

4 comments:

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Love all the Strip Twist pictures. I may have to order that pattern.

Ah, so YOU know how to knit! I may have to come over to your house so you can teach me! I did do a couple rows during lunch today. I had a couple "oops" stitches, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Linda C said...

I made a bunch of those dishrags earlier this year. Fun and easy work. Michelle was so busy stamping and making cards (and doing a great job of them!) that I didn't get a chance to help her with her knitting. Cher and I were ready to lend a hand if she wanted it. Looks like Mom will be able to bail her out as well.

SueR said...

Hey Pat, enjoyed seeing those strip twist quilts, what an interesting pattern. Love the 4 patch posie--have you tried one of those yet. I started one a while back but haven't finished it. Did I know that you were a knitter?

Mary Johnson said...

It's always fun to see a lot of different versions of the same quilt. These all look really great.