Wednesday, August 28, 2019

WIP Wednesday 8.28.2019

I decided to set the flag string blocks in barn raising! It's my favorite set of all time!

I was a little worried about the red/white not lining up but thought that it is a fractured look. and you know, I think it looks ok.

This was originally design by Alycia. She blogged about the block here.

The FB QOV Stars group did make some modifications to the block so that it finishes at 12 inches.

Modifications:

foundation: cut at 13 inches
star fabric: cut at 10.5 inches
                  cut once on the diagonal
white/red strings: cut at 2.5 inches

Blocks squared up to:

12.5 inches unfinished
12 inches finished

The split star block is the other block drive block. I have a nice little pile happening...

The directions for this block can be found here.


Linking up with:

MidWeek Makers at Quilt Fabrication

2 comments:

Janarama said...

I love your fractured quilt. Lots of movement when you look at it.

Susan said...

Your fractured quilt is quite interesting to look at!