- fabric received in: +14 yards
- fabric used: -19 yards
- net fabric for the week: -5 yards
Net fabric for the year: -56.5 yards (used)
What I accomplished this week:
- quilted and bound Lake Country Mystery (r/w/b)
- pieced, quilted and bound JudyL's Wonky Labor Day Challenge
Goals for next week:
- piece, quilt and bind 4-patch donation quilt
- make bee gifts
- make black, white and bright block for night guild
Here is the front of the Lake Country Mystery quilt. I think Donna named it, 'Three Block Mystery'. You make the Churn Dash and then the sashing becomes two different blocks, Grecian Square and Farmer's Flight, I think.
I realized when I pieced this patriotic fabric that it was indeed directional vertically. Well, I only brought enough yardage to be pieced horizontally. Next time, I will have to be careful to buy the right amount of yardage!
This is my finished JudyL Wonky Labor Day Challenge. I decided to 'go orange' and bind it in the same fabric as the inner border. I also machine stitched the binding to the back and brought it to the front to straight stitch by machine. I actually like the straight stitch better than the serpentine to finish binding this way.
JudyS. was wondering about it. I had brought this off the sale rack awhile ago. When I buy backing for my kids' donation quilts, I look for bright primary colors with a non-gender pattern (like stars, alphabet or numbers).