Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Winnings

Since about half the members from the night guild were absent tonight...we think they are at the quilt show in Chicago...we decided to have a Poker Game Night. Lucky for me that some of the ladies have played before and were willing to share their knowledge. The game we played was a little different from the one I played before and I have to admit, I liked this second version much better! It relied more on chance than skill! :) and I came away winning more strips than I took. 'Things' were looking pretty bleak before my turn at dealer but, wowza, what a haul I made on that last hand! Poor Mary went bust and she isn't even stash busting :) I figured I'm about 1 yard in the plus column for my night's winnings.

I think I have more than enough strips to make a Boxed Squares Quilt of Valor, see Mary's blog here.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Stephanie D said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a fun time!

Mama Spark said...

I think you need to explain how you do this so I can set this up at my quilt group too. PS Do you have to declare your "winnings" to the IRS??

Lori in South Dakota said...

You didn't have to come home naked!