Monday, June 22, 2009

Design Wall Monday

I started this week out working on my Friendship Blocks for the FAB's. (Cher, LindaJ., Norma and Pam.)

This top block is for LindaJ. She sent the directions using EQ6. No~your eyes are not playing tricks on you! The purple and green are closer to 9.75 inches (unfinished) and the pink is more on target at 9.5 inches (unfinished).

The wonky houses are Cher's pick. She had us follow Tonya's link from Quiltville to make the wonky houses. (link here) I would like to see a bit more roof overhang on my block but the purple house is getting closer to what I would like.

Last is my friendship block. These are the wonky stars (link here) that were made and donated from quilters around the world for The Bushfire Quilt Project . My star points aren't as wonky as some but, hey, that is the beauty of the wonky-ness...it all fits together!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Stephanie D said...

Oooo, I like that first block! That should make a really sharp quilt!

Linda C said...

I love how the blocks turned out, Pat! You shouldn't have worried so much about it being "perfect" enough to pass along though. Is HST's on your quilting bucket list so you can at least cross it off after all the work you did?

I probably won't get to my friendship blocks till after the 2nd t-shirt quilt is done so I will just look at yours for inspiration till then.

Chris Daly said...

I love your wonky houses!