Friday, June 3, 2016

January 2016 Update

January  was a slower month at work and a much more productive in the sewing room.

I finished a quilt for a friend whose husband died in November 2015. ummm...wonder where the finished quilt photo is?!

The pattern is Belle Wave, found here. I was trying for a gradient in purple as purple is both my friend's and her late husband's fabric color - but the lights were just too blend-y. It is also a wee bit short - miscalculated the length. I think the shortest one in her family is about 5'2" and I do believe he is in 5th grade!!


My sister-in-law's sister asks me to make her a dog theme quilt. So I found a fun dog print, a couple accent fabric and the Walk-About pattern, found here. This was really a fun pattern and worked up really quick! The bonus triangles are huge! I've made this quilt a few times since and I can totally *see* the bonus triangles being their own quilt.

I quilted it down with Curly Hearts.


In January, I also pieced a QOV using the Strip Tube Ruler, found here.

This one is waiting for quilting and binding.

No comments: