Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Snow Day


While it was snowing (about 16 inches worth), I was busy in the sewing room. I had forgotten how much I enjoy the *quilting* part of quilting! Once upon a time, I spray basted all my quilts then free-motioned them on my Elna. My old sewing room had a west window that opened and a ceiling fan for ventilation. Now I sew in a basement room with a very little window that doesn't open so I've been sending out my tops to a wonderful long-arm quilter. Yes, I traded in my Elna for a Brother but that's a story for another time.

Today I was able to *quilt* and sew the bindings to the front of the NICU quilts #1, 2 and 3. #4 is waiting patiently for its turn to be *quilted*.

2 comments:

Linda C said...

1st welcome to bloggerland---you have not been at this very long but you can count on the help of others when you have a "how did you do (fill in the blank)"

I linked to you from my pal Pam at my creative mind and I see you already have two other of my fav people in your list already---Veronica and Norma. Good company to be hanging out in!

2nd, where do you live that you got that much snow? Yikes! I'm in the SE where we awoke to tornado warnings yesterday morning though all the damage was north of us. Sadly, with fatalities.

Looks like you are very involved in donation quilt work---as I am. WTG on finishing up 4 quilts so quickly.

SueR said...

Hi Pat, I am intrigued with the idea of spray basting a quilt. I recently discovered the 505 and had been using it for small quilt sandwiches (8.5 x 11)to practice meandering. I was considering trying it out on a small lap size quilt. Do you have any suggestions on the pros and cons?