Wednesday, August 13, 2008

WIP Wednesday

This Wednesday is a little different here around Bell Creek Quilts...no binding being sewn!

Although I am working on sewing a few old Chinese Coins together. I made, what I named an AARP Quilt, for my sister's almost 50th birthday except she didn't know what AARP is! Talk about a total failure as a joke :) oh well, I dug out the 'red hat' fabric and I'm making a Chinese coin quilt that I hope to cut up and turn into a tote to tote quilts back and forth to guild this fall.

I also started quilting on Kitty Framed! I'm using a new pantograph, Angel Wings. It is going pretty fast but has some open areas...but so far, I like it! I volunteered to quilt the hospice quilts and thought the Angel Wings pantograph would fit nicely with the Angel Blocks the quilts will be made up of...
Here is a close up of one Angel Wing. DD thought they look like butterflies :)








Cheryl at Polka Dots and Rick Rack is having a really cute give awayto celebrate her one year blog anniversary! I hope the little doll will come live at my house...she is sooo cute! Go ahead and hop over there...scroll down to see the cutie :)

1 comment:

Lori in South Dakota said...

How funny that your sister didn't know what AARP was. Maybe someone should give her a gift membership!!