Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pink and Blue Boo Finished!

Here is Pink and Blue Boo with the binding sewn back! All that is left to do is to make a label then sew it on! I wasn't exactly sure where I wanted to put the label so I thought I would 'sleep on it a few nights' and then make a decision. The birthday is August 23rd so I'm done well ahead of the curve!

This quilt was made entirely from the stash, I'm happy to report and can be counted in Eileen Attic's Summer Stash challenge. The piano key border is made up of 2.5 inch strips so I believe this quilt will also be able to be counted in Hanne's Summer Strip Challenge. WooHoo! This quilt is a 'two-fer' :)

I chose a light pink thread that blended with most of the fabric on the front. The only spot that really shows the quilting is in this area that is more 'purple-y' than 'pink-y'. I used the Popcorn pantograph from Willow Leaf Studio simply because it was on the table and I needed practice with this pantograph.


This is the kangaroo fabric I brought back in the spring when I was first thinking about this quilt. I think they add a nice whimsical girl-y touch for a young lady who will be 12!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is soo bright and cheery. Love the look!

Judy S. said...

What a lucky birthday girl, Pat. I love the kangaroo fabric; it's on the back?

How're things in WI?

Jeanne said...

It a terrific quilt, Pat! The birthday gal will love it.

JoAnne said...

Love the pink and blue quilt - the piano key border is perfect. Good job, Pat!

SueR said...

The scrappy border was definitely the way to go with the Pink and Blue Boo--it adds interest and pulls it all together. What a fun backing to go with it!

Sweet P said...

I love it! Every little girl should have a quilt like that!

Linda C said...

Birthday girl is one lucky girl, Pat. Looks wonderful front and back. The popcorn work out better for you this timre around?

Can't wait to see what you do with the kangaroos!

Faith said...

I love the pink and blue boo and the kangaroos they are different and shout and gorgeous colours!

jacquie said...

very cute and all from stash...you're good!