Wednesday, January 29, 2020

WIP Wednesday 1.29.2020

Welcome Back to Bell Creek Quilts!

It's been awhile and while I was away, my laptop was 'in' for a much needed checkup and cleanup! She's running sooo much faster now and no pop up ads! I should have taken her in when she was first showing symptoms of a virus.

DH and I have been talking about a move on and off for about 7 years now. Well, we have decided to spruce up the old abode a bit so we have been busy taking things off the walls in preparation of having the main floor painted. As we are removing items, I am also packing 'things' up. Slow but steady the turtle travels...but this project is having an adverse effect on my sewing time.

Also, at the last workday for Comfort Quilts/Oconomowoc Quilt Guild, I might have taken a few fabric packets. OK, like maybe five or six. I have been working my way through them. My hope is to sew some of the 'lesser tops' to be donated to the Ben Franklin Quilt-a-thon in March 2020. A win-win. Ben Franklin receives tops that are ready to be tied and OQG will use fabric it might otherwise not use.

That being said, I have been woking out of a blue 2.5 inch strip packet.

MSQC's Summer in the Park pattern has been on my 'wish to do' list for awhile now. I thought this was the perfect opportunity to do it.

pattern: MSQC's Summer in the Park

if you scroll down, there is a link to the original you tube and a re-vamp. I followed the original you tube, sorta. I may have changed the number of blocks and the border sizes, just saying...

I did buy some white yardage and the outer border.

1 comment:

Quilting buddy said...

Very nice.