Monday, January 6, 2020

Design Wall Monday 1.6.2020

Over the Christmas holiday, my MIL brought an older quilt out of the closet that needed a few minor seams repair. I gave her my best advise on the repair and she told me that she wanted to give it to her sister (my DH's aunt) who lives in a group home. I expressed my concern that perhaps this quilt should be kept as a family heirloom as it might not withstand the repeated washings it would get.

So....I volunteered to make a quilt for Aunt C. My MIL said she likes blue, purple, pink and green, oh my! Crumb blocks to the rescue! I did buy the green as it needed about 3 yards and I didn't have one selection of the same fabric that fit the bill. MIL asked for flannel backing, I'll need to do a little research on flannel and how it behaves on the long arm as I haven't quilted flannel on it!

Aunt C's crumb quilt.

pattern info:

Mile-a-minute block technique
                   
pseudo Falling Charms set













Linking up with:

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

No comments: