Monday, April 20, 2020

Design Monday 4.20.2020

I made the management decision to move away from RWB combinations to the next overflowing area of the stash color closet. Blue is still a major player but now I'm partnering it with GREEN!

One of my 'GO TO' patterns is my take on Bento Boxes. I find that the blocks sew up really fast and with leftovers...you can create another quilt. Kinda like a BOGO (buy one get one)...sorta.

Here are my scribbled notes from a previous quilt I pieced.

I lay my contrasting 3.5 inch strips right sides together, iron then cut. I actually lay the two coordinating blocks out by my machine and sew them at the same time.

pattern inspiration: Bento Box





There is lots of information on 'Bento Box' quilt pattern if you Google Search or even Pinterest, if you dare...


Here are my cut fabrics.

Here are a few blocks.

Linking up with:

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

and

Cynthia at Oh, Scrap!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Great idea. Do you precut a lot of 3.5" strips? I tend to cut smaller sizes and seldom have what I want in the correct size. But, thinking about doing semi-monochromatic quilts makes so much sense to me. I may have to pull out my old pattern for half log cabin blocks. Fast, simple and could really do a job on some of my colors. Red overfloweth as does blue!

Nann said...

Blue and green is such a soothing combination. I made one Bento Box with narrower strips....time for another!