Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Finish and Stash Busting Report Week #45

I was able to stitch back the binding to Orange Sunshine (pattern here) while I was doing laundry earlier today.


I quilted it with the Trailing Vine panto in orange thread, that really blends in well. (Sorry, the orange is really off in this picture...the top picture is closer to the actual color!)

Here are two of the parrots from the backing fabric.

Here are two more. I just love the parrots on this fabric. :)









I finished this quilt just in time to be included in this week's report:

  • fabric received in: 4 yards
  • fabric used: 10 yards
  • net fabric for the week: -6 yards (used)

Net fabric for the year: +13.5 yards (added)

What I accomplished this week:

  • made my fall leaves purse
  • quilt and bound Orange Sunshine
My goals for next week:

  • enjoy Bonnie Hunter's workshops and lecture
What can I say?! In three of the next four days, I will meet and see and learn and be inspired by Bonnie Hunter :)

6 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love that parrot fabric, Pat!

Silverthimble said...

Great quilt Pat!!! I love that parrot backing!

swooze said...

I love the quilt and backing as well. Very well done.

Lori in South Dakota said...

The parrots are special. Have a great time at the workshops, I'll be thinking of you!

Fabricmom said...

What a fabulous finish. I love the border and back fabric. great job as always. You rock.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

What a great quilt - bright cheery colors, a pretty parrot fabric and great quilting as well.