Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Project this Week...

...I picked a project for this week! And it wasn't on my 'To Do' list! I did scratch off one Thanksgiving wall hanging from the 'To Do' list as I found a Turkey doorknob hanger that I hung on my family room wall.
So I made myself a November purse. And yes Linda, it's from a place mat! *VBG* I followed the directions for the 'Bunny Ear Bag' in the book, Simple and Sensational Purses from Placemats by Ricki Bremer. Well, I added a few inside pockets to hold my miscellaneous 'things' and added a different type of closure so my 'things' wouldn't fall out.
From the 'To Do' list, I finished piecing Orange Sunshine (my version of 'Sunshine Makes Me Happy' from the book, Strip Happy by Donna Kinsey)

I have also been working on the quilting. The light orange thread I purchased really blends into all the orange piecing and makes the quilting hard to see. I'm using the Trailing Vine panto from Willow Leaf Studios, one of my favorite pantographs. The border and the backing are from the same fabric line...a happy accident on my part...and the backing fabric has these *huge* parrots on them. I was happy that I didn't have to *cut up* the parrots! :)

4 comments:

Linda C said...

What a happy quilt! I wondered what you would use to border it with but that parrot fabric is a wonderful choice.

And, how clever is that purse. I see I should be looking at placemats a little more closely as these sure work up cute. You will be all set for the rest of the fall season.

Lori in South Dakota said...

I think the trailing vine panto goes with your "pumpkin" quilt. And I'm glad you didn't have to cut the parrots up too, I was thinking "parrot fricassee". Oh, and I have a bird too! I will look for his picture.

Stephanie D said...

That Orange Sunshine quilt is soommmme yummy goodness! I really like that. Has she seen it yet?

SueR said...

Good for you for doing something for you! The quilt turned out great, and I like that pattern, but it sure is.... orange!