Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday Sewing and Quilt-a-thon

JudyL is hosting her November Quilt-a-thon this weekend. So in an effort to clear some space on the cutting table, I decided to sew my QOV pillowcase *kits* that I had cut last week or so. I followed the McCall's Quiltmaker pattern (here).

Friday night, I sewed one pillowcase together. Throughout the day, as I could sew for a few minutes, I finished the other three pillowcases.

I decided that I wanted to included pillowcases with Orange Sunshine and a UFO (Flower Bullseye), so I washed more of the floral and green swirl fabric this afternoon. Tonight, I made these three pillowcases. Although this wasn't a big job, it feels good to cross the pillowcases off of my *To Do* list. One of the best parts is that this fabric came from stash. WooHoo! More stash busted as we are heading into the final weeks of the year!

I'd like to welcome my friend, Maureen to the quilting blog world. Hop on over to her blog, Quilting on the Road and at Home and see the wonderful quilts she pieces while travelling in her Airstream and at home. Maureen also documents her Airstream travels in her blog, Where in the World are Alan and Reen? Hop on over and take a look around and tell her, Pat says "Hi!"

3 comments:

Fabricmom said...

Nice cases. I need to make some for us. We have a bunch of mismatched ones that we have had forever. I am mailing the FQ on Monday.

Stephanie D said...

Making pillowcases is on my To Try list for Someday, which amazingly enough, I can't seem to find on my calendar....

Linda C said...

These are so pretty--the QOV and the ones that coordinate with the quilts you will be giving away to family. Sort of "completes" the package a bit plus you can always store the quilt in it.

Well done! I think after all the workshopping I would not even want to look at the machine for a day to two but you are still cranking 'em out!