Wednesday, November 19, 2008

WIP Wednesday

If it's Wednesday, think I'm working on sewing a binding back?!

Yessiree! Today I am working on sewing back the binding on the Floral Bulleye and I made YoYo's for the center of the flowers. I brought the Clover YoYo Maker in the summer and this is the first time I have used it. Pretty nifty tool. I have a new appreciation for the 'YoYo enthusiasts' out in blogland that make so many YoYo's! While I was Google-ing about YoYo's, I came across this tutorial for Heather Bailey's favorite knot. I was usually *confused* as to which way to lay the thread before tying the knot, but Heather's pictures totally explain this. A very good tutorial for a visual learner like myself.

4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Nice pattern, Pat, and what a great idea to use yoyos in the centers. I have one of those tools but haven't tried it yet...also one for yoyo hearts. Your pillowcases are nice too! You've been very busy these past few days.

Greenmare said...

Arent' those the neatest gadgets??? what pretty colors!

Stephanie D said...

Haven't tried yoyos yet, but those look really cute! Love th colors in that quilt!

Linda C said...

Did you get one of these in the other shapes--like the hearts or the posies? I don't get just how they work but yours surely came out cute.