Thursday, November 20, 2008

'Tis the Season...

...to step out of the box and explore new possibilities.

I found this oven mitt pattern while trolling the web awhile back. I would like to make a few as gifties this season so I thought I would *try* the pattern. I changed a few *things* from the pattern and now *I know* why the pattern was written like it is! I feel like this oven mitt has a mutant thumb! I'll have to get DS (whose hand is bigger than mine) to try it on and then I cam make *some more minor* adjustments to the pattern.

2 comments:

Stephanie D said...

I have a similar pattern I found on the web a few years ago, but haven't tried it yet. I made a couple of regular potholders for my best friend and me, but my mitts are getting too thin in places and I need more.

I might have to copy you! lol

Linda C said...

I will keep this in mind in case I decide I have to make oven mitts too as part of this kitchen project. Actually I might be saved from more insanity by the fact that my current ones DO go with the color scheme and I bought them within the last year.

My friend Joy had a pattern for the micro mini's and we made them in the quilt group. I love mine! Even have a pair out in the car for hot steering wheel grabbing.