A relatively calm start to the New Year. I was gifted a 1/2 yard of Oriental fabric from LJ for my budding Oriental stash. Think now I have about 8 or 9 pieces, either fq's or 1/2 yard cuts. Thanks, LJ! I generally count the fabric out of my stash once a quilt is quilted, sometimes bound and sometimes unbound. This method works well for me as I report the top and backing fabric out of the stash together. My report follows:
- fabric received in (week): +0.5 yards
- fabric received in (year): +0.5 yards
- fabric used (week): 0 yards
- fabric used (year): 0 yards
Net fabric (week): + 0.5 yards (added)
Net fabric (year): +0.5 yards (added)
What I accomplished last week:
- ummmm....no goals set as I was on vacation and away
Goals for this week:
- work on Uncle Mi's T Shirt quilt
- making backing for Framed 4 patch
- load Framed 4 patch and backing
- quilt Framed 4 patch
- finish piecing Stars and Bars to a flimsy
- start on FAB Challenge 'Fun-Do'
Here is the Little Girl Oriental fabric from Linda. Isn't it just the cutest fabric?!
The FAB's (Linda, Norma, Pam, Cher and I) were chatting on Saturday morning about a Personal Quilting Challenge for 2009. This would be to make something with a technique (or the like) that you haven't done very often: be it making half square triangles, scrappy coloration, free pieced letters, a color out of your comfort zone, applique, paper piecing, crazy quilting, mitering a border...you get the idea.
This is something that I am going to try and achieve...to grow as a quilter!