Wednesday, February 17, 2010

WIP Wednesday

Although I didn't participate in Pat Sloan's Camp Sloanie on February 5-7, I really liked the pattern. Found here. Pat blogged about Camp Sloanie with pictures that *campers* sent in, here are a few posts about the weekend sewing. I enjoyed looking at all the different possibilities of setting the blocks but, as usual, barn raising wins. :)

I thought I had a tub-ful of beige 2.5 inch strips but when I went to get the strips for this pattern, I only found about 5 WOF strips. I went to the cupboard and pulled some *what was I thinking* beiges and starting cutting. I am about halfway through making the blocks. I want to make an 6 x 8 set for approximately 57 x 76 without borders. I need to fill in the side holes and make two complete rows, one for the top and one for the bottom.

Not exactly sure when I will get back to this project as DD is home sick, but it will wait for me :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Linda C said...

I hope Michelle is feeling better today. I love the block you just did. The beige/tans are just subtle enough in color to contrast very nicely with the blue bits.

Look forward to seeing how this comes out and will check out the other links.