Friday, July 18, 2014

My Angel of Light Quilt...Hockey Style

For inspiration I used this quilt and this diagram for my partial hockey rink. I decided on a partial rink as the Angel Quilt is only 15 x 15.

I dug into my scraps for the red line, blue line, face off circles and goalie net.



That makes me HAPPY!  The ice is a white snowflake fabric - from the stash! I was going to make DD's coach a signature quilt but the decided against it.

The quilting was a little trickier.  DD suggested that I venture into the rink after her practice and look at the ice. I suppose the patterns in the ice are the results of the drills each day. So that there is *no right or wrong* skating pattern.

I used this tutorial for the color coordinating binding.

I also added a girl hockey player for the Angel to guide and watch over.

I was #9 on the July Goal Setting Linky Party.

Today I am linking up with

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

and

Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts

and

Fiber of All Sorts: July Finish Linky Party

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Nice job!

Terri said...

Looks great to me, but I know nothing about Hockey.
Love the angel.
Hugs

Sew Much For Free Time said...

I love this! Love the idea of using the ice trails as inspiration for the quilting. Nice work!

Anita said...

Great quilt! My DS2 also played hockey, but I never made a hockey quilt for him...

Anonymous said...

Great little memory quilt!

Heidi said...

Very creative! And a great reward for the Coach:-) Congrats on your goal finish!

Patti said...

This is a sweet little quilt, and I love the hockey theme.