Wednesday, September 17, 2014

WIP Wednesday 9.17.2014

First, I fixed *Hashtag USA*. I had a block turned in the bottom row. Luckily, I only had to frog three seams to get the block to the right rotation.

pattern info: rail fence -- public domain. strips cut at 3.5 inches, blocks cut at 6.5 inches. Idea for *hashtag* border from Cynthia's Quilting is More Fun than Housework post here.



Second, I really, really like the Turning Leaves pattern from McCall's Quilting like from 2002.

I decided to make my own oak leaf template and give a few blocks  *a go*.

This set will be a table runner in the family room.






This set will be the wall hanging in the kitchen by the table.










This set will be the wall hanging on the far wall in the family  room.





And this set will be made into hot pads.


I didn't think that I had so many batiks in my stash! and I have more leftover!




Looks like there will be a scrappy batik quilt in my future sometime!


1 comment:

Nancy said...

Oooh, I love the oak leaves. Nice job!