Tuesday, April 14, 2015

On the Design Wall

Last year, I won two different charm packs for participating in the Hands2Help Quilt Challenge! So this year I wanted to make quilts to donate back to Hand2Help Quilt Challenge with the charm packs I won.

One of the packs was Little Black Dress by Moda. I forgot to take a picture before I used it but found one on the web from Missouri Star Quilt Company.






I was searching and searching for a pattern but just didn't find one that I liked. I only had one charm pack and I wanted a finished quilt that was a little bigger than wall hanging size…if you know what I mean! I found this tutorial by Jo at Jo's Country Junction but what really intrigued me was how she prepared her back.  :) Combine this idea with the fact that Lee from Freshly Pieced Modern Quilts just spoke at my day guild and the ideas started jellin' together.

Here is what I came up with using the Little Black Dress charm pack and a neutral. It's a little hard to see as I used beige on my beige batting design wall. I feel it needs lots of texture so I am going to quilt it with feathers. It measures approximately 46 x 66 before quilting.


1 comment: