Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Baby..it's cold outside!






Yes! I am, too, in the cold zone. It was sooo cold that the kids' school was closed today. That didn't stop my DS from running around and going to the mall! My DD stayed at home, lounging in her pj's...now that's a good day off...in my opinion! DD and I spent a good portion of our day in the sewing room listening to the music of Miley Cyrus, Vanessa Hudgens, Zac Effron and the like and the fruits of my labor:

1. strips cut for the blocks for my queen size log cabin and
2. a flimsy for the local NICU

Each year, the local Wal*Marts have a quilt contest/ show and invite quilters to donate quilts for the NICU. The quilts need to be 36" x 36" and use between 50 - 75% Wal*Mart fabric. I participated in an I SPY exchange last year and knew that most of the animal prints came from Wal*Mart as the exchange hostess said that was okay to use.

No comments: