Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Quilt-a-thon #2 Lunch Update

I was at a good breaking point for lunch and thought I'd show my progress so far on JudyL's Quilt-a-thon #2.
I machine sewed the binding onto Putzy using this tip (scroll down to bottom of post) and it worked like a charm! Best of all, it kept the binding off the sewing room floor and I didn't roll over it once with my chair!


I was also able to cut and sew one of the Quick Strippies.
I choose to use the cowboy fabric first.



5:00 pm update:
I was able to sew another of Mary J's Quick Strippie quilt tops after lunch. This time I choose the dog and bones fabrics.

All in all, a very productive day for me in the sewing room! Thank you JudyL for hosting Quilt-a-thon #2!

5 comments:

SueR said...

Your strippies are great, Pat! I like those fabrics, and they'll make great donation quilts.

Linda C said...

Well, look at you go, Pat! Lots of production at your house yesterday and probably ahead of time cutting out those strips? I like the narrow bands to set of the print fabrics.

I knew that I was not going to participate in the quiltathon to begin with but I only managed to get the rest of some hand finishing done yesterday. I was under the weather and had to go back to bed. I would have been done the night before but the cat decided to park on it when I was in the home stretch.

I'll try again today to get back to the donation top I was doing on Sunday.

Mary Johnson said...

Both of these are too cute! I love the focus fabrics you chose. I have two more to make myself and even carried the fabric to VA last week but didn't do any sewing while I was there. Maybe after I finish these log cabin blocks I can get them done.

Fabricmom said...

Girl you are quick. Great job.

Pam said...

Cute Cowboys!! Those strippies are a fun way to use larger prints that are hard to cut up....you know I love the penguins! those are darling too!

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com