Saturday, March 8, 2008

Fun Mail

Lookie what Mamaspark sent to me! We have been *talking* about Big Ten quilts. I had sent her a few yards of University of Wisconsin Badger fabric for an upcoming project and she said she would send me Michigan State University Spartan fabric that I wanted for the back of Rachel's graduation quilt! Now...on to piece the front in green and white.


Yesterday, I pieced Putzy's back and even included a Western Michigan University logo from an old t-shirt from DS. I've never incorporated a t-shirt into a quilt before so I'm anxious to 'see' how it works out.


Linda, from my night guild, shared a tip she had read somewhere (maybe Fon's and Porter---I guess I wasn't really paying attention :)), that as you are making your binding you put it into a baggie. She had said that she did this and it worked well without any wrinkles and the binding comes out of the baggie pretty good when attaching to the quilt. Since I was on a roll, I decided to make Putzy's binding, place it in a baggie and test this tip myself.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I tried to get into your blog earlier today to see what you were up to...evidently Blogger was down for a time.

Isn't it fun to get surprises in the mail?

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com