Sunday, May 11, 2008

Stash Busting Report Week #19

Well, somewhere between meeting #4 and meeting #5 of this week, I lost 7 days! I honestly thought meeting #5 was NEXT week and I had a whole bunch of stuff I wanted to get done for it. You guessed it, none of it got done! There was also a surprise birthday party for ??? after the meeting, I thought. So I scurried home on Wednesday afternoon and quick made a gift. You guessed it, the birthday party is NEXT week! I was sooo confused but some days it doesn't take much to confuse me! With that little bit of background information here is my stash report for the week:
  • fabric received in: 3 yards
  • fabric used: -8 yards
  • net fabric for the week: -5 yards

Net fabric year to date: -18 yards

What I accomplished this week:

  • sewed binding onto kitty 9 patch pizzazz
  • quilted and bound Elvis quilt
  • made surprise birthday gift (I'll show you later, okay?)
  • made Secret Santa guild gifts (I know, I know but same as above birthday gift and I had everything ready to go...so I made them :) )

Goals for next week:

  • piece blue and yellow Strip Twist *total avoidance here, gang :( *
  • quilt and bind Disappearing 9 Patch

Think if I keep the goals light then I actually may work on the blue and yellow top? Let cross our fingers (and toes, too!) and because you made it this far in reading about my week, here is the quilty picture. Notice DS's eyes mugging for the camera :)

Posted by Picasa

If you are interested in how I made this Checkerboard Quilt, the tutorial is here. Please be advised that I have never written a tutorial before so when you find 'something' that needs changing, please be kind and e-mail me and let me know. Thanks!

5 comments:

Vicky said...

Wow, Pat, you had a good busting week! You're my inspiration!!

Lori in South Dakota said...

Okay, now I'm curious--why don't you want to piece the blue and yellow strip twist?? And you're not alone, I seldom read the news or watch tv, and most the time I'm not sure what the date is. Maybe the day of the week I can remember. Right now I know it's time to plant flowers and my tomatoes if the rain stays away.

Susan said...

You really are moving through your list..........You go girl...

Linda C said...

I'll nudge you to work on that yellow and blue strip twist you promise to nudge me about the tshirt quilt thing or the row robin. The row is this week's project though and the tshirt next. Think we can nag and cheer lead at the the same time?

Kathy said...

You're doing great!