Sunday, May 25, 2008

Stash Busting Report Week # 21

This week was a wash for me. I was doing soo good then I went to the fabric store. Why is it soo easy to buy? With that said, my report follows:
  • fabric received in: + 10 yards
  • fabric used: -10 yards
  • net fabric for the week: 0 yards

Net fabric year to date: -25 yards

What I accomplished this week:

Goals for next week:

  • continue piecing another floral Disappearing 9 Patch
  • help sew back the binding on my group's QOV

JudyL blogged about setting a stashbusting goal and how close we are to the goal, since we are almost halfway through the year. Hmmm...my goal was just to start using my stash and help me stay on track. I really think that I do 'need' to set a number goal and that will help nudge me in the right direction. I'll have to figure out what a realistic 'number goal' will be for me then I'll let you know. I generally make throw size quilts so my yardage per quilt is less than, let say, someone who makes queen size bed quilts usually.

This week there are many things happening around here that are not quilt related. Shocking but true! Saturday is DD's 9th birthday! so preparations for the big day and a party with her friends at a wall climbing gym, two scout meetings, the big state report is due for DD (she choose Michigan) and my in-laws are planning a visit to arrive on June 1st! The kids and I have already started re-organizing (read: de-trashing) a few rooms with more to go! DD and I are going to tackle her room and if I have the stamina...the sewing room!

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

I think that setting a goal made me want to buy more fabric! I feel like an addict craving my next fix. LOL!

Finn said...

Hi Pat, just popping in to say "hi" and wish you a happy Memorial Day weekend. I'm sure your stash will all get busted eventually, but it is amazing how easy it is to buy more without meaning to...LOL. I know that all too well. Hugs, Finn

Lori in South Dakota said...

Cleaning, birthday parties, in-laws--you are one busy woman! You taught me to set goals, I work best with weekly ones. So far it's working, I seem to be getting them done when I can go back and read them to motivate myself.

Fabricmom said...

Wow 25 yards is a lot of fabric. Good for you. My mother in-law went home yesterday. She inspired me to finish up some projects I already am working on. When I have the time of course.

I can't resist buying fabric. I don't even try not to. I am addicted.

SueR said...

It is so easy to buy fabric, because as Vicki says, we are all ADDICTS!! Fabric is such a beautiful tactile medium, and it's so easy to be so bad! And as always, you've got a lot done this week; and by the sounds of it you've got a lot on your plate coming up. Say, who is Shelly?

Linda C said...

That amount is nothing to be sneezed at, Pat. Y0u can acquire with that you didn't even plan--gifts from friends and challenge fabrics, for instance, LOL.

You said you would be having a busy time of it this weekend and trying to get finish up the grad quilts but it sounds like things got even busier with family company! Catch you when we can!

Kathy said...

You are doing great! I am not going to set a goal for yardage busted, as I fear it will make me want to buy more.

Cher said...

what a busy weekend indeed- happy belated birthday to DD...how fun.
sounds like you will be really busy getting ready for company and all.
I think you are doing well in busting/using your stash-at least you are making the effort