Friday, May 23, 2008

Equal Opportunity Quilting

Here are two of the finished graduation quilts. Well, almost finished, just a few threads to trim and I need to write a thoughtful message on the label (when it comes to me :)). One more graduation quilt to make and a few disappearing 9 patches to go. My quilt holders are at work or school and Daisydog is too short so I used the garage and my magnetic clips.

First: The Blue and Yellow Strip Twist from Bonnie's Quiltville. This one is for the high school grad whose family are University of Michigan Wolverine fans. School colors, of course, blue and maize (I took a few liberties and cut into the yellow stash on this one!)

Next: The Green and White Pineapple Blossom, also from Bonnie's Quiltville. This one is for the recent Michigan State University grad, school colors, green and white! I do believe that she graduated in May! but her party was last weekend so I am a bit behind on this finish. I want to say a big "THANK YOU" to Mamaspark, my blogger friend who volunteered to source out the Michigan State Sparty fabric and send it to me for this quilt. It definately makes it one AWESOME quilt! You're the best!
(and as usual, the close up of the Sparty fabric includes the seam...sorry)
I quilted both of these quilts with the Heartstrings panto from Willow Leaf Studio.

My thought was " I Love UM or MSU" depending on which quilt you received :)

In case you are wondering, I did indeed send a few blocks in these color combinations to Bonnie as she suggested on her site for her use in a charity quilt. It will be fun to watch her site and 'see' if I can spot these blocks in one of her quilts :)

3 comments:

Linda C said...

Hurray for finishes, Pat! The graduates surely will be proud to receive them as they look wonderful!

Pam said that the box of quilts arrived so I will be watching her site for the quilt show.

Know you have a busy weekend ahead whether you travel or not, so have a good one and catch you when I can!

SueR said...

Awesome job on your quilts, Pat!

Mama Spark said...

They turned out great! You should be very proud. Go State!!