Thursday, June 19, 2008

Last of the Graduation Gift Quilts

I did it! This Green and Beige Beauty is the last of the graduation gift quilts! That makes four for this season...well...since March, really. One nephew graduated in December 2007 and I didn't find out until after the fact.

I used Mary's Double 4 Patch--Easy Version(pattern here) and when I was getting ready to piece, Alycia shared her pattern, intended to be a Quilt of Valor. Alycia actually did 5 or 6 posts on how to assemble her quilt top together. I used Alycia's idea for the border since I had 5 out of 8 pieces cut and it was 9:00 pm on Sunday night and no quilt stores were open to run to and get border fabric! I quilted it with the Trailing Vine panto from Willow Leaf Studio. I actually do have other pantos but I always seem to be pulling this one out of the drawer. Look for it again on an upcoming top that needs quilting. I just need to find the perfect thread! A big "Thank You" to DD who is my quilt photographer. I had to stand on a kitchen chair and this quilt was still dragging a bit :)

I hope the Graduate likes it :) when DS saw it, his comment was something about how BIG it is...measures 65 x 80. and that is a BIG quilt for me to make :)

I think this qualifies into Hanne's Summer Challenge as the 16 patch blocks are made up of 2.5 inch strips. I didn't use a Jelly Roll as the fabric came from the stash (I whispered that word...stash...)

4 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

It looks great! I finally quilted mine a week ago and used a leaf pantograph too - it was just perfect with the greens and for this one too.

jacquie said...

Congrats! I only have one to make and I'm still fussing with the design. The grad and I talked and thank goodness she's a patient teen!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Pretty! I liked Mary's when she made hers and yours is just as lovely. OK - I am going over to Alycia's blog to see what you are talking about!!! JUST might have to make one of these as I really do love scrappy quilts based on 1-2 colors. OK, so I'll admit, I have yet to see a scrappy quilt that I don't like, LOL! Great use of your shhhh-stash!

Cheers!
Evelyn

Alycia said...

I think that your grad will be very very happy with the quilt - it is wonderful!