Wednesday, June 25, 2008

WIP Wednesday

Well, here I am and it's another Wednesday. What do you suppose I'm doing in the sewing room?

Did you guess...binding?! You are absolutely right! This will be a birthday gift for another (read 'different') niece. This is a true UFO. I pieced it last Fall and when I called my wonderful long-arm quilter, she had stopped taking quilts in since her husband's cancer had returned. She was spending her time going to various doctors' appointments and labwork. She called me last December and said she was taking quilts in a few at a time and did I want her to quilt this quilt? At the time, I told her that I thought it would be best to spend as much time with her spouse as possible and the quilt could wait, I would just be early for the birthday. Well, here it is six months later and I'm just now quilting and binding it. I guess, out of sight...out of mind :) and I think the birthday is some day this week *grin*

Last night I loaded one of LindaJ's M2M quilts and started on it. I'm using the Happy Times panto from Willow Leaf Studio. It is good practice for a panto I haven't used very often.

Lori from Dakota City Quilter sent me a wonderful package that was waiting for me on my return home yesterday! Inside was a sweet note, a very cool batik with rainbow hearts and a scissors leash for when I'm working with Valerie. That scissors leash is absolutely wonderful! No more hunting for snips to clip those pesky threads! Thanks Lori! You ROCK! :)

No comments: