Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Night Highlights

...no not football or basketball or hockey or baseball or soccer or (insert your fav sport here!) highlights but the highlights from my sewing day! :)

First up: I was able to finish sewing the binding back on the scrappy r/w/b rails. This project is just what the Quilting Doctor ordered. Mindless sewing and a pretty quilt at the finish. I only have about 1 1/2 yards (and miscellaneous strings/crumbs) left from the blue Moda Marble Stars, which should be enough for the outer border and binding on one more QOV. Pretty amazing how fast the fabric does get used at times. This was a 10 yard bolt at the end of September 2008!

Here is a close-up of the Inkblot panto. I really like how this turned out.

Last up: I washed and seamed the backing for the t-shirt quilt and was able to load both the front and the back today. I was hoping to practice Inkblot on another quilt but this one is ready to be quilted. So this one, it is.


This is the end of my highlight reel for tonight. :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

hehe--what does the next show start?? Should I make popcorn?

Jeanne said...

Congrats on the great finish. The quilt is wonderful.