Sunday, February 8, 2009

Stash Busting Report Week #6

Did I tell you that the local quilt shop, Patched Works, gave out coupon books in December? This is bad (or maybe good?) news as I find myself heading over there every few weeks to *check out* what the coupon will buy...my spending wasn't too outrageous this week. I did receive the backing fabric for Mi's tshirt quilt but that will go back out when the quilt is done, so I'm not counting it in and I won't count it out either. My report follows:

Fabric added this week: +3 yards
Fabric added this year: + 13.5 yards

Fabric used this week: -10 yards
Fabric used this year: -34.5 yards

Net Fabric for the year: -21 yards

What I accomplished this week:
  • quilt and bound Scrappy Rail Fence
  • pieced backing for Mi tshirt quilt
  • loaded tshirt quilt/backing onto frame

Goals for next week:

  • quilt tshirt quilt

This week is the day guild meeting, so I need to prepare for it. We will be hosting a workshop using the r/w/b 2.5 inch strips. This meeting will be *the ending* of my fascination with all the different patterns that can be made with 2.5 inch strips! well...maybe not *THE END* but I am going to take a break from the 2.5 inch strip club and focus on other patterns.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

WOW! Your stashbusting is going very well. I'm impressed (and a little jealous).

Lori in South Dakota said...

so how many different projects did you make with those 2.5" strips??

Stephanie D said...

I'm catching up--love the rwb rail fence--simple, but pretty!

Busy days around here, too. Makes me wonder where they've all gone...