Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My FAB-ulous Birthday PAR-ty

This year, my online sewing group, The FAB's,gather for FAB-ulous Birthday PAR-ties and sewing!   We meet close to each member's birthday online where the birthday FAB opens gifts we have given to her and sew a pattern of her choice.  (or sometimes, one is *pardoned* from the group pattern as *she* might have something else *she* needs to sew!) 

Last Saturday was MY DAY!  :)

My gifts:

From Cher: this wonderful winter wall hanging!  I'm going to add a sleeve and hang it in my family room in a new spot for quilts just this size.  And it co-ordinates beautifully with the winter wall hanging for my kitchen.  Come January~I'll show them both.  Cher also sent a ton of other goodies in her box that I didn't take pictures of...a cool tote bag, a baggie full of candy bars to share, cathedral windows notecards, fabric and two shop samples for me to practice my quilting on!  Thanks, Cher!  It all is wonderful!

From Linda: this awesome wall hanging!  with all the elements Linda LOVES and I appreciate! (ie: applique!)  November 1st it will be hanging in my family room!  Linda also sent my some yellow scraps as I mentioned the yellow was running low ?!  She also sent a bin full of trail mix with M&M's, nuts and candy corn.  yes! candy.corn!  soon the trail mix will only have M&M's and the nuts!  lol

From Norma:  are you ready?!  this tote bag! made out of FAB purples and the batiks Norma loves.  My guild notebooks will be traveling in style now.  to the right~a bag of coffee crisp nuggets.  talk about yummy!  sinful! I need to be careful or my weight will be off the charts at my Doctor's appointment next week!  but watch out after...lol

From Pam:  my glamour shot...not!  Pam's gifts were cupcake theme.  This adorable apron~check out the ric rac and a cupcake hot pad.  Pam also sent some cupcake sprinkles and liners in her package.

The pattern we worked on is the Minnesota Hot Dish, shown here.




Thanks my FAB-ulous friends for a FAB-ulous Birthday PAR-ty!  Miss Norma is next in November!

4 comments:

Linda C said...

Do I see some orange binding from the Happy Halloween piece behind the wall pieces? LOL. Glad that this hanging spot will work out for you since I honestly didn't know the space limitations in the kitchen spot.

It was a pleasure making the wall hanging for you! Hope you had a FAB-ulous Part-Tay!

Maureen said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Pat! All your gifts just look terrific - so much fun! I love that pattern you all worked on during your sewing day.

Pam said...

Had an awesome time at your PAR~TAY, even if I had to flunk out early.

Next up is Ms. Norma's special day...another FABulous day for the FAB FIVE!

Hugs!

Stephanie D said...

I am smitten with that autumn wall hanging!

What a fabulous birthday!