Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Design Wall Tuesday 10.14.2014

Or, where have I been?

About two weeks ago, I went on a 4 day quilt retreat with the Oconomowoc Quilt Guild. Our meeting  is coming up this Thursday and all who attended the retreat are the speakers!

eek!

I've been working on finishing projects started on retreat! I happy to report that I am zero-ing in on those finishes.  :)

The last thing I worked on were these green crumb blocks. A fellow retreat-er hadn't heard about crumb blocks so I dragged in my banker's box of green and started to show Heather. Next thing I know, it's time to close up shop and head home. I had finished all but three of the green blocks on the design wall and only had to add a round or two to bring them up to 6.5 inch square.

Fast forward to today and when I pulled out the banker's box of blues, I was one happy girl! I had already pieced half the blue blocks on the wall! This top is really sewing up fast!  :)

My goal for this is to have it to the flimsy stage by Thursday's meeting.