Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Bonus Sewing 9.16.2020

 A few ladies from the Wisconsin guild invited the group to participate in a Zoom Sewing Time last night. So I joined in! Bonus sewing time for me as I usually don't sew after dinner time.

I prepped out my stars and some binding...


I arrived in the sewing space a little early so I made the binding prior to the designated time. The binding is ready to go...now to quilt the quilt!


I logged in at the designated time. DH was a little worried as he was on a Zoom call too, but it was all ok. Here are a few of my Wisconsin quilty friends. A few more joined in as the time continued. It was great to see and talk to my quilty friends!


I stayed a little longer than the ending time and finished up my stars I had prepped.


pattern credit: my take on wonky stars meets floating star

The darker stars are going into a star row quilt I've been wanting to make. So when I'm making stars, I just make a few extra. Pretty soon, I'll have all six rows made. Here are the stars I've made so far... To keep things simple, I'm making either 12 inch or 9 inch finished blocks.


pattern credit:

top row: ribbon star from Quilter's Cache

bottom row: Ohio Star Quilter's Cache directions

Linking up with: Susan at MidWeek Makers

2 comments:

Marsha Cooper said...

I'm so sad that we have yet to have a guild meeting since February! I love the idea of a zoom call for one. Maybe I should mention it to the rest of the board....except now we aren't even meeting for board again until November.

Susan said...

Great that you got to meet with your quilt friends - it's better than nothing.