Monday, September 7, 2020

Design Wall Monday 9.7.2020

 I was at loose ends before I went to stay with DD and her surgery. I really didn't want to start a big project but I had a few hours before I needed to leave and could sew. In my move, I unearthed a very old project that consisted of 24 - 10 inch muslin squares and a few strips of one patriotic strip cut at 1.5 inches. Of course, it was NOT labeled but I think just about every quilter would come up with the same idea...

STRING BLOCKS! 

So I set to sewing a few before DD's surgery and a few when I got home.

Here they are on the design wall with a few other fabric as possible go-with's.


I did cut and piece one more block so I would have 25. At 9 inch finished, the quilt would definitely need 'more' to bring it to size.

pattern credit: string blocks, public domain

Linking up with

No comments: