Wednesday, December 13, 2023

WIP Wednesday 12.13.2023

It seems like I have quite a few irons in the fire today...

The first one: binding on the 4th Santa Motorcycle quilt and I lost at bobbin chicken. Bummer...I'm going to make a long post about all 4 quilts together on Friday! Stay tuned!


Second item: The night guild meeting is tomorrow night and I like to show a little something that ties into the 2024 Quilt Challenge of Birthday Bash. For December's birthdays I think of mittens, red, green and of course, all things Christmas. I made a foster kid's bag using fabric that features red and green mittens. Some day, I'll figure out a good way to take a picture of a bag!


The next thing (or things) I made were a few Meals on Wheels placemats. This month I sewed longer strips. Red, green and Christmas prints. 



Item 3: Since QOV Sew Day falls on the same day as the Guild meeting, I invited the out-of-towners to my house for the couple of hours between the end of sew day and the guild meeting. I plan to put a lasagna in the oven with some garlic bread and a salad. Should be a pretty easy meal. My friend Mary suggested an activity. So...we are making angels that Mary is sharing. On the left is my practice angel and on the right are 8 flat angels, all ready to be tied, twisted and bowed! (sorry...no link for the angel construction)


My fourth and most exciting item: I put the fabric on the design wall for the Fishing Santa quilts!!!


Sharing all this wonderfulness with Susan at MidWeek Makers.



5 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

What wonderful creativness for you at the busy time of year!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Pat, those are great projects! I love your fishing Santa panel. Hope all of your plans work out :-)

Judy S. said...

You always have such cool projects! Wherever did you find that money fabric? It made me smile.

Marsha Cooper said...

I would love to know more of making the angels....that seems like such a cool project to share.

Susan said...

Adorable angels! They look pretty simple to make.