Friday, December 1, 2023

Finish or NOT Friday 12.1.2023

I finished the first Motorcycle Santa to a flimsy this afternoon. I'm on the fence about the plaid in the top border...I really don't want to rip and replace...but...

pattern: Quilting Assistant Mock Trip Around the World

Well, there was a squirrel project that got a hold of me in the sewing room today. Our quilt cabinet was moved into the master bedroom to make way for the Christmas tree. I just felt like I needed to make a matching Christmas runner. I dug deep into the Christmas section of the stash and found quite a few of the same prints from my Christmas bed quilt. The only thing is that they were cut into 2.5 inches and the bed quilt is made up of 3.5 inch strips. See the full queen quilt here on my design wall.

Here is the new runner (at a funny angle...I am short).


Here are a few of the strips in the bed quilt.


Here is the current picture on my bed.

Runner pattern was strip pieced as quilt as you go.

                     I referred to the main strip piece section of this quilt as plank quilting. 
                    Where I sew the strips end to end and then cut to the width I want. 
                    After that, I sew into rows. Clear as mud, eh?




3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Very fun to make Christmas quilts in all sizes!!!

Judy in Michigan said...

Love the Christmas vibe in your bedroom!! So clever!! Merry Christmas to you and your family. Happy New Year too!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I think your runner is just perfect!!!
and the santas quilt - its awesome the addition of plaid is just perfect for it!!!