Saturday, October 3, 2026

SoScrappy Saturday 10.3.2026

Today is the first Saturday of October of the color 'neutrals' or 'fill in your projects as needed'. This is a rather broad assignment this month but the 'rainbow scrappers' are getting ready to turn the monthly blocks into tops in November and finished quilts in December. 

I decided that I wanted new mats around the house, so I quilted down a 2 yard hunk of sunflowers with a large meander. Looks pretty boring, eh?


First I cut it up to make a mat for my credenza in the family room where I store a few seasonal quilts that I change out.


Next, I wanted a new mat under baby Brother in the sewing room.


Next, I wanted new placemats on my kitchen table. I opted for my own placemats instead of Meals-on-Wheels but I did get more (and different sunflowers) for the Meals-on-Wheels donation this month.


So...my neutral today is the dark brown binding on my mats!

Sharing today with SoScrappy Saturday.

2 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

All the sunflowers are so cheerful! You made great use of your 2 yards!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That was a great idea - and it just make the whole place sparkle!!