Saturday, November 20, 2010

Blue Cypress

Although it was a little cramped at the computer last night, while I listened to the Milwaukee Admirals play the San Antonio Rampage (game results here), I did complete the binding on the Blue Cypress quilt.

Blue Cypress is a free pattern from Lyn Brown, part one here and part two here. If you haven't had a chance to visit with Lyn, please do! She offers many free and interesting patterns. :)

You will not be disappointed!


I do wish, however that I had used more tone on tone prints in this Blue Cypress. Since it uses fq and I cut from yardage, I have enough for another Cypress Quilt already cut and bundled.

panto: Ebb and Flow from Willow Leaf Studio.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

NeverBored said...

Thanks for the link to Lyn's blog with the free patterns. You were right--I was not disappointed! I've kept my printer busy this morning printing out patterns I want to try or can use as guild programs for charity quilts in the future. Gotta run--I'm off to make her Partridge in a Pear mini-quilt.

Linda C said...

Looks prettier in fabric than on the printed pattern, Pat! I bet you had fun with the 4 patches.

I will try it down the line. Finally came to a decision about what to do for the challenge quilt though Blue Cypress was considered, thanks to you. And Lyn, LOL.