Saturday, September 22, 2012

Beef Barley Soup

Karen at Sew Many Ways is having a link up party for soup recipes.

Once the weather gets colder, out comes the crockpot for yummy soups to enjoy.  I don't know about you, but summertime isn't a time to enjoy soup but fall and winter are my soup time!

My son was talking about Beef Barley soup last year about this time and I found this recipe at Food.com.  I crock this overnight and in the morning my daughter takes a serving in her thermos for lunch that day.

The ingredients.  I make the beef stock out of the bullion cubes instead of buying a can.

Assembly of the soup in the crock.

Simmered for 10 hours but not stirred.

Stirred~yummy!

Stored.






Lunchtime!

3 comments:

doodlebugmom said...

Looks good. Its certainly soup weather in sw Wisc too!

Karen said...

I love soups. This sounds great. Cooler weather means soup time.

Linda C said...

We have soup yr round and it is one of the better things I make. When it gets super, super hot or sticky I don't make it as often.

I made a chicken and gnocchi recently that was very much like Olive Gardens----yummo!