Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thursday's Sewing

I decided to start on a smaller project today.  The fabrics I pulled were suppose to be for the August Color Palette Challenge~just a tad behind, right?

I sewed the blocks together today.

I wasn't sure that the lightest blocks in the middle played well with everyone else so I swapped it out for a darker brown.

Next I will need to decide which blocks I like better than work on sewing it into a flimsy.

Pattern inspiration:  Snake Charmer, found here.



At the day guild, we received our FQ Challenge fabric.  I think I see *January* place mats in my future.  :)

2 comments:

Linda C said...

That fabric definitely reads like wintery weather---which will be there soon enough I guess. Looks downright chilly!

Linda C said...

Pat, I had to come back to see what that challenge fabric looked like. The twisters will be really neat with this!