Wednesday, November 25, 2020

WIP Wednesday 11.25.2020

If you been following along with me, my third bad thing happened today. DH went to replace the light bulb in the oven. There were some exposed wires, a FLASH and dead oven! We were lucky DH only shocked himself and nothing worse. Good thing I have crockpots and a spare oven in the basement!

I cut my leftovers from my Walk and Stop Quilt and sewed borders on two sides of the strips. I'm not sure that I'm really liking it, yet. It will have to wait as I have more pressing (aka: on deadline) quilts to be done.



I blogged about my Walk and Stop quilt here.
This is based loosely on the Rainy Day Quilt pattern, found here.

My new guild is collecting blocks for another member. So I jumped in with a secret sewing block.



The center block was supplied, the star legs were requested white and any other color that went with the center square. I originally picked the block for grey/black combination. That was before I read the instructions completely!
Block credit: Friendship Star

My FB QOV Stars shared a Flying Geese Pinwheel Block. I saw it and thought it would look good in my Christmas quilt for my bed.
Here is the online block


Here is the row I made for my bed quilt.


pattern credit: Flying Geese Pinwheel block, found here. I made the adjustments so the block finishes at 12 inches.

Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers

No comments: