Monday, November 16, 2020

A Casual Quilter's QOV Update 11.16.2020

After procrastinating, I have been working hard to finish the QOV's before our next sew day on Thursday, November 19th.  Well, Michigan has been placed 'on pause' by the Governor. One of the businesses closed again are the Bingo Halls. Guess what? That's right, the Casual Quilter's Sew Day takes place in a Bingo Hall! I'll need to make other plans to turn the quilted quilts in...

Just a note: I did not piece any of the following quilts and can only guess at what the pattern is. I can investigate and try to find out a pattern name if one strikes your fancy. 😀

Batch 1 Quilt 1 



pattern: string in field and furrows setting
panto: large scribbles

Batch 2 Quilt 1



pattern description: Chinese coins meet Ohio stars (?)
panto: Baptist Fans

Batch 2 Quilt 2



pattern description: jelly roll race with three (3) squares inserted between strips (?)
panto: LEQ Stars and Loops

Batch 2 Quilt 3




quilt description: Teddy Bear Chinese Coins
panto: large scribble

Batch 2 Quilt 4



pattern description: wonky stars meet floating stars with rails (?)
panto: large scribbles

Batch 2 Quilt 5



pattern description: I'm stumped on this one!
                                    sorta reminds me of Lisa Sutherland's ZigZag Stripes (sorta)
panto: large scribbles

*on the second to last quilting pass, my long arm gave me a shock, the rear screen went blank and the motor failed to engage* DH was quick with his tool kit and started to investigate. He cleaned the brushes and put it back together...now I need to find a practice piece to *see* how it operates. DH thinks it might actually need a new motor...and this was a warning. We did let it cool off and I was able to complete Quilt 5 before DH started his investigation. He also loosened the belt.  

It is a 2005 (or maybe 2006) Gammill Premier with a 2007 Stitch Regulator Retro-fit. The only parts that have been replaced are the check spring twice, an encoder O-ring and I upgraded the wheels about 6 or 7 years ago. I actually brought it used and it sits on a 10 foot Home Pro table.


I have been quilting quite a bit. 5 quilts in 5 days and I have one more QOV from Batch 2 to quilt...

2 comments:

karenbbsnow said...

Great variety of quilts, I really like the last one!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Fingers crossed its an easy fix.
What a great batch of quilts - I am so sorry you are back to shut down - I think we are headed that way too....