Friday, November 20, 2020

Whoop! Whoop! 11.20.2020

 I finished assembling my next quilt in the queue. I misjudged the amount of border fabric I had available so I needed to insert cornerstones to make it work. 😀


pattern credit: Walk and Stop

I was anxious to make this quilt so I could load it on the long arm and she how she behaves on one of my quilts and not someone else's. DH had adjusted the belt so I needed to adjust the tension a tiny bit. When I first fired her up and was quilting, she was making a new clicking noise but that eventually went away after about 4 quilting passes. The rear digital display is not showing but her stitch regulator appears to be working fine. I do have a call into the service technician in my new area to 'talk'....




pattern credit: Walk and Stop
panto credit: large scribbles

On a side note: I did sacrifice my container of long arm threads cut offs that I have been gathering since I got my machine in 2007. I filled the glass container with water...hoping to increase the humidity, old school. LOL


Linking up with Sarah at Whoop! Whoop! and Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good save on the border fabric. Congrats on a star spangled quilt finish!!

KatieQ said...

The corner stones may have been used out of necessity, but they turned out to be a good design feature. I really like the scrappiness of the quilt tamed by the red fabric. What are you planning to do with the cut off threads?

Bonnie said...

Yep, cornerstones to the rescue and wonders of wonders, they work so very well. Sorry to hear of long arm troubles. It's so frustrating. Agh! Threads saved since 2007? That equals a lot of thread. I tend to use poly threads so I'm not sure they would help humidify the room. Although I guess an open jar of water would work a degree. Hope your machine issues are resolved.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a cool quilt!! I sure hope your machine is happy ow -we need you back in action!