Monday, May 17, 2021

Design Wall Monday 5.17.2021

 When I found this pattern while trolling Pinterest:


I was sure that it was the answer for this 'old' panel that's been hanging around the sewing room for a very long time! (I actually had brought 3 or 4 of the panels...what WAS I thinking?!)


Since Tiffany didn't give directions or a link to this pattern (or even a name!), I had to use my own measurements. I have a stack of 6.5 inch squares so I used that as the base number. It meant that I had to be ok with cutting parts of the panel down/off. Here's the progress I've made. I'm actually liking where this is headed!


pattern inspiration: Tiffany at Needle in a Hayes Stack blog

Linking up with Judy at Design Wall Monday

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks like a great way to turn that panel into a pretty quilt! Do you donate those to QOV?

Bonnie said...

Hum, I've got a couple of panel-ish pieces. (I can't remember if they are panels or actually just scenes. One of these days I'll take a look at them. I'm all for moving out fabric from my stash! Your project is coming along nicely.

AnnieO said...

I never buy panels but have been gifted some in the past. They can be a big puzzle to play with. Your framed squares will look good with the larger scale of the panels.

Judy S. said...

I fall for panels, too. It will be interesting to see how your quilt turns out. Sorry I've been out of touch; it's been a little crazy here.