Monday, May 24, 2021

Design Wall Monday 5.24.2021

Another week, another older panel as a basis to make a quilt. I believe my Quilting Buddy and I received this panel in our $10 grab bag when we went to the Nancy's Notions Warehouse sale a few years back when Nancy's was located in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. Since Nancy passed away, the business has been sold to Missouri Star Quilt Company. The name is still Nancy's Notions but it is located in Hamilton, Missouri.

Here is the panel, it was cut a little on the wonky side. <sigh>


I decided to make the MSQC Starstruck blocks as corner surrounds in graduating blues. So far, I have a few completed. I decided on a blue then red border to bring the whole thing up to size and utilize the Starstruck blocks as the outer border.


pattern inspiration: MSQC Starstruck block

Linking up with Judy at Design Wall Monday

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Nice! Good to see photos with no fences, too....