Saturday, May 8, 2021

SoScrappy Saturday 5.8.2021

 DH and I started our day buying flowers to take to the cemetery. A day early for Mother's Day but rain is in the forecast for tomorrow. Next visit, DH wants to take his weed wacker... I probably should have gotten red carnations in keeping with the 'red' month but I thought the yellow looked cheery and bright.


After a few more stops and lunch, I went into the sewing room to work with my red strips. Seems lately, I'm sewing just in the nick of time to post!  LOL   Imagine my surprise when this block was the featured pattern on Missouri Star Quilt Company Friday tutorial. I always thought this pinwheel was public domain...


pattern credit: MSQC Breezy Windmill

Linking up with SoScrappy Saturday

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think your yellow flowers are very cheery, Pat! Love those red pinwheels, too - especially your light to dark layout there.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Just because it was featured on Missouri Star doesn't mean the pattern isn't part of public domain, Pat. Everyone is putting their spin on old favorites these days. Glad you found some time to sew, Pat!

Ivani said...

Love the red pinwheels blocks, Pat.