Monday, May 10, 2021

Design Wall Monday 5.10.2021

 I decided to use the leftover 16 patch flower blocks (from this quilt in the series) to make the May Color Blocks Quilt, Gemstones. I was leaning towards using the flower blocks along with a few 'other' girlish blocks but when I only had a darker gray fabric for background, I decided to go all flower blocks. I'm hoping for 'flowers on a rainy /dreary day' vibe. That means I need to make a few more...I did find enough 2.5 inch flower (and flower-ish) strips to make more blocks. Here's my progress so far.


pattern: Gemstones from Debby Brown's Color Block Quilt Along

Linking up with Judy at Design Wall Monday

1 comment:

AnnieO said...

Pretty blocks. I've been making 16 patch blocks too, but mine are from 2" squares and strips. These scraps need to get into quilts someday, right?