Friday, April 2, 2021

Whoop! Whoop! 4.2.2021

 I finished my Debby Brown January and March Color Block quilts this week!!

For the January Color Block quilt, I dug into my floral and related fabrics. It was a little loud so I used a grey sashing to tone it down. It still needed a little something so I added grey/green cornerstones. I wanted it to be a little larger, so I added a few borders. Wouldn't you know, I was short on the green so I improvised with the purple. All in all, I like it.



pattern credit: Debby Brown's Color Block January 'Suitable for Framing'
panto credit: Angel Wings

My March Color Block quilt was pieced using my lender/enders of 2.5 inch squares. Leader/ender is a Bonnie Hunter thing and you can find more info in her website about it, here. They were also very loud so I used a medium blue to go with the mostly boy-ish blocks. I needed a little more length so I use more squares as one of the borders.



pattern credit: Debby Brown's Color Blocks  March 'Monkey Wrench'
panto credit: large scribbles

8 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Congrats on your beautiful finish.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Beautiful finishes!!! I like that scrappy border look - its so cool!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Fabulous scrappy fun. Great job!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Both of those turned out just great! I love the scrappiness of both, but also the way you organized each one with a consistent background fabric and cornerstones. Beautiful finishes, Pat!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Love your scrappy quilts. Fabulous finishes.

grammajudyb said...

Both are winners in my book! You finished each one with such uniqueness! Fabulous finishes!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on BOTH of these finished quilts!!

Deb said...

Love those scrappy quilts! Great way to use up squares and the quilts are gorgeous!! Stay safe and sew on !